Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) is an annual month-long event put together by the Dubai Festivals & Retail Establishment (DFRE), which is a part of Dubai’s department of tourism. During the festival, shops offer discounts on their merchandise, daily car raffles and prize drawings are held to win items such as gold and cars, and there is a fireworks display. There is also a range of family activities and live shows that take place throughout Dubai.
If shopping is your hobby, then this January is going to be your best month of the year. Shop for your delights and find your style across several locations in Dubai.
This year, 2020, Dubai Shopping Festival is celebrating its 25th anniversary. So, get ready for the most phenomenal citywide celebrations and the grandest shopping experience ever.
Top malls Where to Shop
Festivities during DSF are usually held all over Dubai. That’s right. Every mall and mostly every retail store in Dubai participates in the festival. To mark the commencement of the festival, various parks, hold firework and fair-styled events. These parks hold fireworks and other events every day to celebrate DSF.
Top places to visit during DSF are:
1. The Dubai Mall
2. Ibn Battuta Mall
3. Mall of the Emirates
4. Global Village
5. Dubai Gold Souk
What to Buy During Dubai Shopping Festival 2020?
- Electronics: The crazy deals on electronic items make it another favorite among consumers. Apart from, the discounts and other offers on electronics, DSF is also the time when companies launch new products. This is because it is a perfect platform for the companies as people from all over the world attend the launches. So, you may also get a chance to win these products through raffle draws or other exciting offers.
- Furniture: One can buy furniture and various home appliances from a variety of brands at a discounted price as well.
- Jewelry: If you’re a fan of authentic jewelry, then DSF is your place. The unique designs during DSF and affordable prices make jewelry shopping a necessity among the residents.
- Leather products: You will also be spoilt with choices to buy leather bags, leather jackets and cosmetics in DSF.
- Perfumes from the high-end stores come cheaper after discounts.
- Watches of different kinds such as diamond-studded or the one with quartz dial, all of them come at an affordable price because of heavy discounts.
Over 1500 stores, ranging from electronic accessories to gold jewelry have participated in the Dubai Shopping Festival to make it a success. The discounts are going as high as 75% and more among the tops brands of clothes, home décor items, electronic gadgets, dry fruits, jewelry and much more.
There are major top international brands taking part in the Dubai Shopping Festival 2020. Stores and brands such as Apple, Sony, Zara, AllSaints, Topshop, West Elm, IDdesign, Jack & Jones, Armani, De Beers, Burberry, Prada, Condotti, Acer, Cross Gold, to name a few are making their products available at unbelievably low prices for the shoppers. The participating brands range in their products from electronic gadgets and clothes to jewelry, leather bags and jackets, perfumes, and edible items. With all such unbelievable discounted products of top brands, the Dubai Shopping Festival is one of the largest shopping festivals in the world.
Other Things to Do During Dubai Shopping Festival 2020
So what happens if shopping isn’t really your scene? DSF is celebrated like any other festival in Dubai: with pomp and show. Which means shopping isn’t the only experience to please your soul. There exist a plethora of activities that go on here which you could participate in, apart from shopping.
- Fireworks happen almost every day in major parks like Creek Park and Zabeel Park. Once you’re here to watch the lovely fireworks, arrive a bit early since there would be a ton of activities and other things to do here. Winter months make it ideal for anyone to stay in the park for a picnic; so while you’re in the park, you can participate in loads of activities organized for kids, magic shows, food tasting carnival, face painting, etc.
- Street Plays: Throughout the emirate, you’d get to see lots of impressive street plays and live shows by artists and musicians. There are also parades that take place in the downtown area where you’d feel a colorful and vibrant atmosphere.
- Events in Malls: In malls too, there would be various things to do other than shopping. Flash mobs and fashion shows are regular in every mall. In Dubai Mall, the ice rink gets converted to a fashion show ramp. There would be various game shows held in every other mall where you’d be able to win prizes.
- Workshops and Exhibitions: All around the city, from hotels to malls, from parks to resorts, from landmark destinations to the downtown area, various workshops and exhibitions are held. Celebrity meet and greet are also organized for the public. Besides all this, perhaps one of the main highlights is the raffle draws that take place every day at every mall. Where the lucky winners can take home cars, cash, home appliances, gift vouchers or even gold.
- Film Festivals: If this much isn’t enough, the major film festivals like Dubai International Film Festival and Children’s International Film Festival is usually held around that period, so watch these movies and catch your favorite stars attending press conferences or even as they walk the red carpet.